Thursday 21 December 2017

Trees, Treats and Tricky Churn Dashes

I've tried to capture just how tall some of the trees on this property are and during our last snow fall I was able to do just that.  I caught Hubby with Murphy as they were leaving this wooded area and stepping into an open meadow.  The woods felt almost like a winter wonderland that day, a feeling I won't soon forget.


I'm glad I remembered this project in time to get it out for Christmas!  My Shiny and Brite hanging made from a Crabapple Hill Studios pattern.  I do remember how much I enjoyed the hand quilting and I wish you could see the true colours of the wreath.  The pieced blocks in the border are not perfect but I got it done!  I decided to give it a place in the foyer this year.
Soup season continues here with a Beef and Barley version. I know many of you share my love of soups and I love to read about them too.


I am now working on the border pieces for the Scaninavian Christmas project. These are supposed to be 3 inch square Churn Dash blocks and I am really struggling to keep them consistently so tiny.  I am having a hard time using a quarter inch seam as the pieces are so small. So far, there are about four different sizes of blocks!  But I am not discouraged (even the pattern mentions this might be a challenge) and will soldier onward and perhaps even think of a substitute if in the end, I am not happy with them.  No pressure!

I was happy to find this in the mail box recently.  A beautiful issue of Quiltmania magazine and a very Christmassy one too.  Of course I love those salt box houses on the cover.
  A visit to their site to see all the lovely quilting is a treat too I promise.

And getting real mail is so nice.  I've set this aside for next week when I'll have the time to savor the wonderful project ideas and illustrations.

Myra at Busy Hands Quilts is compiling a list of all the 2018 Quilt Alongs. If you are interested, the rapidly growing list is in this post!  And it is turning out to be quite an array of beautiful and varying projects.  It is so useful to have such a list in one place so thanks, Myra for doing this.
And here is a link to Free Quilting Printables from the folks at The Quilters Planner

Though the countdown is on, hope you are not feeling any pressure!

And if you have the time, visit some of these folks to see what they are cooking, stitching, photographing, etc. in their part of the world.  Visiting you all is a true treat for me.
Not Afraid of ColorIt's A Small Town Life, The Needle and Thread Network, Sew Fresh Quilts and  My Quilt Infatuation.















No comments :