Thursday 1 March 2018

Two Things You're Gonna Want

The sun has broken through the clouds, a welcome sight this Thursday morning the first day of a new month, March. At home in the old days, it was known as a long, hungry month; a between seasons time with not much going for it.  I remember as a girl on the walk to school in the morning breaking the ice in little puddles which on my way home at the end of the day would have all turned to mud.

But here I am, fingers And toes intact and nothing going hungry. Far from it! And full of gratitude for all of it as well as the sharing of this hobby of ours that brings such continual contentment.

Black backgrounds for quilts seem to be showing up more lately. My Pinterest feed featured a number and then on my Quiltmania site I saw this book by Bonnie SullivanHeart of the Home, with this stiking cover. Love houses in quilts I'll say again...one of these days. But also love those pillows.
 The pattern is called All Through the Night  and you can check it out at that link.

This you've got to see, so nifty.  Amazing but I was curious why the Crochet Club was doing knitting.
Seniors knit their entire village

We were let loose in Costco last Thursday and I came home with this.


The Mango Figgy Pops are full of good things and filling. I'm going to look up what else I can use the coconut pieces for besides munching.

 A friend on FB posted this recipe for Chocolate Coconut Brownies. I think I'm going to try them and use up 3 cups of  that coconut in the bargain. What do you think? My coconut is only slightly sweetened, so maybe I'll have to up the powdered sugar in that layer.
Celebrating Sweets site has the very easy recipe.

Chocolate Coconut Brownies - Fudgy brownies topped with a layer of creamy sweet coconut, and finished with a smooth chocolate ganache. Use your favorite boxed or homemade brownie recipe for this decadent triple layer dessert.

At the Love Patchwork and Quilting blog  you can download different sized hexagon templates for free.
So far I've resisted the hexagon phenomenon that is all over the quilting world but always think I'd like to jump in especially when I see how scraps can be used for the smaller sizes.  And now realizing just how many of those I have!

Speaking of templates, here is the close up of my February block for the CQJP 2018...again this month, not as original or interesting to me.  In my head, it seems different than what I end up with.


I loved watching this video of the great Yoko Saito hand piecing a log cabin block.  But I warn you, you are going to want two things she is using (if you don't have them already).  The finger thingy and the rolly thingy. Certainly intrigued me.


And look at those nails...mine are atrocious.

My Sarah Fielke BOM, The Grasshopper, has just had Block 1 released and I intend to start today, sewing to take me into the weekend. I will share the fabric I've picked out and hopefully that start very soon.

Also happy to link up with Not Afraid of Color, up to #78 now in the Thursday Likes!  That adds up to a lot of things to like. Sharing too with Gone Stitchin'Busy Hands Quilts, Off the Wall Friday  Super Mom No Cape and My Quilt Infatuation.







No comments :